1-8. Callouts: Tuesday 5th January 2010
- Assist ambulance stuck in snow. Offerton, Stockport
- Attend serious road traffic collision(RTC). M60, Stockport. Oldham MRT also deployed.
- Attend RTC.M60, Denton, Manchester. Unable to locate incident which was believed to be a duplicate report of incident 2.
- Called to report of unconsious casualty. Heald Green. Ambulance unable to attend due to snow.
- Called to a male with hip/leg injury. Gatley. Ambulance unable to attend due to snow.
- Called to assist ambulance service in Gatley, Manchester.
- Called to assist ambulance service in Gorton, Manchester.
- Called to assist ambulance service in Stretford, Manchester.
The day started with the mobile network either failing or being overloaded and as I called the duty controller to advise him to use the land-line our busiest day started. After we deployed both landrovers to the first task of the day the team was kept busy for an entire week, logging as many callouts (if not more) than we get in an average year.
After the first three tasks we made Sainsbury’s at Denton our tempory base due to the availability of fuel, food and coffee, with good access to South & East Manchester which had been hit with a heavy snowfall.
Darren Wallis. Team Leader