Callout 10: Friday 24th May 2019
- Type – injured mountain biker
- Location – Mount Famine descent
- Time – 17:45
- Team members – 18 KMRT assisted by Rescue 912
- Duration – 3.25 Hours or 58.5 Volunteer Hours
- Volunteer hours so far this year – 531.11
We were called with a report of a mountain biker who had crashed and sustained a head injury. Mobile phone signal from the casualty location was poor and we were unable to contact the casualty party for a precise location. Fortunately, we found the casualty near the start of one of our search patterns. We provided some treatment and organised evacuation via Coastguard S92 helicopter direct to hospital in Sheffield.
We stood down after returning the casualty’s friend and two bikes to home.
Deputy Team Leader