44. Callout Wednesday 23rd November 2016
- Type – Ambulance assist
- Location – Carr Meadow, Little Hayfield
- Team members – 10 Kinder MRT + EMAS Crew/Paramedic + HELIMED
- Duration – 2 hours or 20 volunteer man hours
- Volunteer Man hours so far 2154.95
Shortly after midday, the team were alerted by the Duty Controller to an urgent ambulance assist, for EMAS, who were attending a gentleman with a medical problem, part way up the path from Carr Meadow. The location meant EMAS would not be able to move the gentleman by themselves. Given the nature of the emergency, Deputy TL Howard also immediately requested HELIMED assistance.
As we were deploying from our base, HELIMED overflew us and managed to land very close to the casualty. A small Kinder party then deployed with stretcher gear in case a carry-off to the road-head RV was needed. The decision was made to helivac the gentleman to hospital and after assistance was given transferring to the helicopter, we stood down and returned to Base to check and re-pack the vehicle.
Comms & IT Officer