44: Callout Sunday 30th November 2014
- Type – walker with medical condition
- Location – Kinder, William Clough
- Team Members – 30 KMRT and Rescue 128.
- Duration – 3 1/2 hours or 105 volunteer man hours
- Volunteer Man Hours for year so far – 1596.5
We were made aware of a walker with a back injury, believed to be in the William Clough area. A first party with medical kit was sent up to locate their position and begin pain management.
During this we were able to fix their position using Sarloc, which put them higher up than originally suggested. A request was made for air support to ease the evacuation for the casualty whilst additional personnel made their way to the location incase air support was unavailable.
Fortunately Rescue 128 was able to come and evacuate them to Sheffield for hospital care.