39/40: Callouts 25th September 2014
- Type – Lost walker / Ambulance assist
- Location – Kinder Plateau / Goyt Valley
- Team Members – 16 KMRT plus BMRT and GMRT
- Duration – 2 hour or 32 volunteer man hours
- Volunteer Man Hours for year so far – 1293.25
Our 4th and 5th callouts of the last 3 days started with a call to locate a missing walker on the plateau. He had provided an approximate position from his phone but we then had no further communications with him. Our SARDA dog Dolly and Nick, her handler, went up first to try and locate the walker as other hill parties started to deploy. Due to our low numbers, Glossop and Buxton were asked to assist. As the chap was being escorted off, a request from Buxton came through for assistance to help evacuate a casualty to a waiting EMAS ambulance. They were low on available numbers due to them being on the hill already. We were able to divert a vehicle and personnel to assist in this.