3: Callout Saturday 13th January 2018
- Type – Injured Mountain Biker
- Location – Track below Elle Bank
- Team members – 20 KMRT and NHS ambulance crew
- Duration – 1.75 Hours or 35 Volunteer Man Hours
- Volunteer Man hours so far this year – 100 Hours
We were called to assist a mountain biker who had come off his bike and injured his leg, believed broken. After initial confusion as to his location, we were able to confirm him to be on the track down to the camp site near Bowden Bridge, where an NHS ambulance crew were already on scene, having been assisted by the staff from the campsite and his fellow bikers.
Once the ambulance crew had given him appropriate pain relief and splinting, we were able to carry him down to the waiting ambulance for transfer on to hospital.